Saturday, August 30, 2014

Liebster Award

Ahh this is exciting! My first Liebster award :D *dances around* Thank you Charlotte at Bookmarks and Blogging for nominating me!
I was going to post this this morning right when I got up but I was greeted with a nice surprise! Anne from Anne Books nominated me as well! So her questions are going to be included in this post too ^^

Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-10 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment that they have been nominated.
4. Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.

Facts
1. I am the eldest child in my family with one younger brother.
2. I am currently a senior in high school
3. My favorite tv show is a tie between Supernatural and How I Met Your Mother at the moment
4. For college I either want to go to University of Oregon, NYU, or University College, Dublin
5. I'm very socially awkward and would rather talk to people online than people I've known for years
6. The one and only book boyfriend that I have is Adrian Ivashkov <3
7. I'm on the yearbook staff at my school and plan on doing something with journalism later on in life
8. My iPod is my life. I can't go anywhere without it
9. I've recently started writing poetry again. It's a good stress reliever
10. Some of my favorite bands include: Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds to Mars and those like them
11. I only met my best friend in the whole wide world 9 months ago, but she's like a sister to me

Questions from Bookmarks and Blogging

If you could rewrite any book, which would you pick? Why?
I would probably rewrite The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy because the concept was really interesting but her execution of it just didn't meet my expectations.

Do you have more read or unread books on your shelves?
I have more unread books unfortunately.

What is the most unusual book you've read?
Hmm...most unusual...I actually can't think of an answer to that question. Maybe Alpha Girl? That was pretty weird in my opinion.

What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy getting my opinion about the books I read out there in the open the most.

Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
I'm average? If I really enjoy the book I can finish it in a few hours, but if I'm not enjoying the book then it could take me weeks to finish. So I can be both depending on the book.

Do you prefer e-books or physical books? Why?
I used to answer this question with physical books because I like the feel of a real book in my hands and I love the smell of books (I know, I'm weird xD) but now I have to say e-books because I can read them at school with out teachers yelling at me to get the book off my desk and I can easily take a book with me to the store if my mom is taking too long to shop.

Which of your books has the most beautiful cover?
Despite The Winter People being a disappointing read, I have to say that it does have one beautiful cover.

If you were a superhero what would you power be? What would you do with it?
I would want the power to teleport. This way I would be able to visit all of my closest online friends without much trouble.

What is your favorite genre? Why?
I think that my favorite would have to be dystopian because I think it's cool to read about all the different ways people think our country or our world is going to end and become.

If you had to pick one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
Ooh that's a hard one...One food? Gosh...I don't know...I really like Olive Garden's Parmesan chicken. It's one of my favorites...but so is fettuccini alfredo...damn I don't know what to pick! *taps chin* lets just go with the fettuccini alfredo

Which book by your favorite author is your favorite?
I don't really have a favorite author either...I should probably say Richelle Mead is my favorite author since I love Adrian...Yeah...That's the easy answer *nods* and my favorite book of hers (so far) is The Fiery Heart. So many Sydrian moments!

Questions from Anne Books

Did you ever not finish a book? Why?
Unfortunately I have not finished quite a few books, although most of them were books I had to read for school and not ones I chose to read for pleasure. They were just too boring for me.

If you must burn one book that you own, which one would it be and why?
BURN A BOOK?! That's horrible! How am I supposed to burn a book?? Sure I don't like some books but burn them?! I can't! I won't! It goes against my nature! *glares at question* I can't believe you're making me do this. I suppose, if I actually must burn a book it would be The Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. That book just didn't do it for me.

What is your favorite series/trilogy of all time and why?
Hmm that's a hard one. I think my favorite series of all time would have to be either the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead, or Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I can't possibly pick.

If you could kill one author and not go to jail for it, who would it be and why?
I'd probably kill John Green. When he writes he tears your heart out at the end of the story and that is just unacceptable, not matter how much of a genius he is or how good his books are.

In which language do you mostly read?
I can only speak one language, which is English, so all of my books are English.

Do you have a list of books that you want to buy? If so, how many books are on it?
I don't necessarily have a list written down anywhere, but if my to be read list counts as a list of books I want to read then it would have over 800 books on it.

Do you take notes (while or after reading) or do you just write down thoughts while writing a review?
I just write down all of my stray thoughts while I'm writing my reviews. There are times when I'm too sucked into a book that I don't even think about writing down what I think.

Which year (school or college) are you in?
I am a senior in high school, which is year 12 here...I don't know what that would be in other countries though. There are so many different variations in the schooling system it mystifies me.

What was the most horrible book you had to read in school?
The worst book I had to read in school, that I actually read all the way through, was most likely The Scarlet Letter. I had to read it out loud just to get through it, it was so boring.

If you could only bring three books to your new apartment, which three would you bring and why?
I would bring The Fault in Our Stars, Bloodlines, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because those were all books that I feel impacted my life the most.

How many books do you have in total?
I have to count?! *sighs* I'll be back......

So I have just finished counting...I have 301 books including all of my eBooks....That's way more than I thought I had..

Nominees
1. Let Books Bee
2. A Whimsical Reader
3. A Perfection Called Books
4. My Addiction Books
5. Natasha's Little World
6. Blue Eye Books
7. Brandy Nacole
8. My Fantabulous Bookshelf
9. Books Equal Awesomness

My Questions
1. Do you like reviewing books you liked or didn't like better?
2. If you were tossed into the world of the Hunger Games, who would you want as your ally?
3. During a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
4. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
5. What is the book that you turn to for comfort?
6. Say you got locked inside a Barnes and Nobles for days on end with nothing to do but read, what section of the store would you start at?
7. What book character do you think you are like the most?
8. If you were stuck on an island and were only allowed to bring three things with you, what would they be?
9. If there was one song that described you, what would it be?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books?
11. Love triangles? Love them or hate them?

13 comments:

  1. Woop! ^.^ i'm number one! XD why thank you Buddy ;)
    You have 301 books? That's more than I have!!
    And i actually liked the scarlet letter...hmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ^.^
      Yes o.o I didn't realize I had that many...I need to stop downloading so many since I haven't even read half of them xD
      It was just too boring .-. I couldn't concentrate enough to read it...plus my teacher spoiled the whole ending for us *shrugs*

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. your answers are great ! (:
    and yeahh ;D sry for the burning question. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great answers, and some great questions too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tia! :)
    New follower here.
    Thanks for the nomination. Can I redo this? I've been nominated before as well. :)

    ReplyDelete