Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blurring the Lines by Mia Josephs

Blurring the Lines by Mia Josephs
Average Rating on Goodreads: 3.80 of 5 Stars
My Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars

Synopsis:

Christian Meyer quit his band and checked into rehab. Only, when he checks out to start his solo career, he can’t write. At all.

Corinne’s done the hollywood, famous rockstar boyfriend thing. It ended in such a huge disaster that she ran herself out of town, despite her career as a songwriter just beginning to take off. She lives in a small cabin in the woods of Washington to keep as far away from her old life as possible.

But when Christian is desperate to start his new career, and his manager has the perfect songwriter in mind, their worlds collide.

Corinne is determined to keep her distance, it’s just collaborating for a weekend. But when Chris shows up on her doorstep weeks after their meeting and pleading for help, she can’t turn him away. 

With the life she now lives and the past she’s desperate to keep buried, she’ll do everything she can to protect her heart, no matter how quickly she feels herself falling. 

For the first time in his life, Chris can see himself being in love, but with a tour date looming, and Corinne terrified to move forward, they both have a long road to travel if there’s a chance of them being together.

When I first started this book I knew that it would be a lot like every other New Adult romance book that I've read before. This one even reminded me of Jet by Jay Crownover with the whole falling in love with a famous rock star. However, even with the similarities to other books I've read, it was still a decent book.

The plot line may not have been very unique but the writing made up for it. Mia's writing was descriptive and very engaging and made it hard to stop reading. I had to put my iPod out of reach while I was at school so I didn't read during all of my class periods. It's not often that I find a book that has engaging writing like that.

The characters were also very well developed. They had backstory and they had personality. There was also change that developed within the characters and, even though it was in third person which I have a hard time getting into, I was still able to connect with the characters on an emotional level.

Corinne's fear of starting a relationship with Christian because of her past was easy to relate to because every has that moment when they second guess themselves on if the decision they are making is worth it. And Christian's struggle with writing calls to that part of us that feels lost when something we're good at; something we love, becomes almost impossible to do. It's terrifying.

Blurring the Lines was a touching and self learning type of book that has a lesson for everyone in it. I gave it 3.5 stars and I recommend this book to those who like romance and life lessons thrown casually in a plot line.

Happy Reading
Tia

0 comments:

Post a Comment