Saturday, October 18, 2014

Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand

Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand
Average Rating on Goodreads: 3.58 of 5 Stars
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Page Count: 272

Synopsis:

Everyone is exactly like me. There is no one like me.

Ven wrestles with these contradicting truths every day. A clone of wealthy eighteen-year-old Raven Rogen, Ven knows everything about the girl she was created to serve: the clothes she wears, the boys she loves, the friends she loves to hate. Yet she’s never met the Authentic Raven face-to-face. 


Imitations like Ven only get to leave the lab when they’re needed—to replace a dead Authentic, donate an organ, or complete a specific mission. And Raven has never needed Ven . . . until now.


When there is an attack on Raven’s life, Ven is thrust into the real world, posing as Raven to draw out the people who tried to harm her. But as Ven dives deeper into Raven’s world, she begins to question everything she was ever told. She exists for Raven, but is she prepared to sacrifice herself for a girl she’s never met?


This was better than I expected it to be. When I first started this book I figured it would be like a normal dystopian/sci-fi book, which is was a little, with a character who was one of those scared insecure girls that had people always saving her. But it really wasn't like that for the most part. Sure Linc was saving Ven a lot, but she still tried to get out on her own without help from anyone. It wasn't until Linc found out what she was that she started excepting his help.


The writing was engaging in a way that I haven't read in a long time. Lately a lot of the books I've been reading doesn't have an engaging plot or engaging characters or has writing that just makes you want to pull your hair out...but this one was none of those things. The characters were developed and the writing was vivid enough without being overly embellished. Also the development of the relationship between Linc and Ven wasn't too fast for me. I mean it was a little fast but it didn't have an insta-love feel at all! 


The ending tho....I seriously need to read Deviation...becuase I want to know what happens! I hate cliffhangers but then I love them at the same time because they leave you wanting more...I just wish I had the next one now instead of having to wait to find it


Anyway...I highly recommend this book! Anyone who is a fan of dystopian/sci-fi book should definitely pick this up because it's one that'll surprise you :)


Happy Reading

Tia

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before but it does sound pretty good! Most of the stuff i'm reading these days are either contemporary or fantasy, so I might ease my way back into sci-fi with a read like this :)

    -Leanne of The Reading Slump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good book to start with if you're going to return to sci-fi! It still has a little romance to it but it adds in that sci-fi factor gradually :D

      Delete