Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Last Glass by T. M. Lazar

The Last Glass by T. M. Lazar
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.59 of 5 stars
My Rating: DNF

Synopsis:

Tori Knight moves to a small New York town where things aren't always what they seem. Though reluctant to leave her old life behind, she meets new friends, and falls for a guy.

Crispin DeMortimer is the most popular boy at Grimmsburg High. He had a summer fling with Natalia, the rich doctor's daughter, and also heir to a secret society. However, when he sees Tori for the first time, he feels an instant connection with her, one he has never felt before. Lucky for him, Tori feels the same. 

It's the start of a new chapter, for both Tori and Crispin, and Grimmsburg, NY is where untold secrets will be revealed, and challenges beyond anyone's imagination will be brought forth. Will the secrets of Grimmsburg bring Tori and Crispin together, or will these life changing secrets be too much for them both?

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

I really wanted to like this book...I thought it would be cool because I like supernatural books...but...god this book annoyed me! I don't mean any offense to the author because I know there are people out there who really liked the book, but it just wasn't for me at all.

First off is the writing. Every time I opened iBooks to read I wanted to close it again. It was all telling and no showing! I didn't know anything about how something looked or about what was going on. I couldn't even connect with the characters on an emotional level because everything moved so fast and there didn't seem to be any emotion in the writing. It just seemed like words were thrown on the paper. Plus she named things! Like...she actually named the car they were driving down to the exaact model! And there were other things that she named....when I learned how to write we were told not to use name brand things unless it was absolutely necessary...

Then we have the characters themselves...I just have to say that if you aren't confident in your ability to write in a guy's point of view...then don't do it...please... I was so annoyed with the quickness that Tori and Crispin's relationship developed. The first time that Crispin glimpsed Tori he's all "OMG SHE'S SO HOT! SHE'S MINE I HAVE TO HAVE HER" and it was the same for Tori!! And even Justin and Sophie! -_- All of the characters were just annoying and everything that happened didn't seem to have anything to do with the plot besides the bond that the synopsis talked about...

I was going to try and finish it...but I found myself skimming over the words and I felt that it wasn't fair of me to judge the book when I wasn't giving every word my full attention so instead I stopped because I knew that I would be giving it a bad rating since it couldn't keep my attention. I stopped reading at about 50% 

I'm still going to support T. M. Lazar even though I didn't like the book. What she's using most of her proceedings for is such a good cause! She's donating the money she makes to help the fight for cancer which is very inspiring. If any of you want to be apart of that help or you think that this book might be something that would interest you, then I recommend that you buy it or even if you don't think it's for you but you think that one of your friends might enjoy it, then pass it along :)

Happy Readings 
Tia

0 comments:

Post a Comment