Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Retibution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

 
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.3 of 5 stars 
My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Page Count: 470

Synopsis:
Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.
She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should. 
She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now. 
Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.
Retribution has arrived.

First I want to thank Belle from Fangirling Misses for sending me this book! :D I love you girl! And your book will come as soon as I find another job >.>

Anyway! Now to the book ^^ I have to say that I didn't like this one as much as the others. Actually, I feel that the series slowly got worse as the books progressed. I loved the first one, like seriously LOVED it, the second one was good but it had a few flaws, and this one felt like it was dragging throughout the whole first half.

Normally I wouldn't say that a male character is necessary to make it a good book, but in this case, Noah is so very important to the story. Mara is just so dull and emotionless. I found myself more interested in the flashbacks than I was in what Mara and the others were doing. If it wasn't for Jamie and then Noah I think I would have rated it lower. 

After the first half was over though, the pace picked up and I started enjoying the story! There were so many revelations and plot twists that some of the stuff I didn't even realise until the end XD Hodkin does leave you speechless with this last book, however I would have liked it if the beginning was as exciting as the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment