Friday, January 30, 2015

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.34 of 5 stars
My Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Page Count: 337

Synopsis:
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

Originally I was looking forward to reading this one, then my best friend got it for Christmas and she absolutely hated it. She kept complaining to me about how Miles is so annoying and Tate is stupid and annoying and I was just wanting to read it less and less because her and I have somewhat the same taste in books. She made me read it anyway, however. And I have to say that, unfortunately, she was right.

Tate seemed like she was going to be a great MC. She was snarky and independent and just plain cool. Theeeen Miles happened. He seemed like your typical broody, mysterious bad boy type of guy that had a tragic past he didn't want to talk about, which was true. He did have a tragic past, but reading his point of view was so epically painful I wanted to smack him with the book. Every time it was a chapter about his past, or even near the end where it finally jumped to the present, it was written like a poem. 

Another thing was the insta love...no one, and I mean no one, falls in love that fast. I'm sorry. But no. Tate was instantly attracted to him, and I get that. Attraction is okay, but she fell in love with him way to quickly. Especially considering the fact that all he wanted her for was sex! He told her that from the beginning and she still continued on like he was going to realise he was in love with her...I mean obviously he did but that's not the point. She got pissed at him for being detached after they had sex but that's all he ever said he wanted from her. She didn't have the right to get mad...ugh..I'm ranting..

Anyway. There were just flaws with the book that I couldn't look past. Too many things in it that bother me immensely. So no, this book was definitely not for me, but that doesn't mean other people wouldn't like it. Just read at your own risk :3 

нαρρу яєα∂ιиg
тια

0 comments:

Post a Comment