Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Deceived by L. A. Starkey

Deceived by L. A. Starkey
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.27 of 5 stars
My Rating: 1 of 5 stars
Page Count: 505

Synopsis:

They say a soul is the immaterial essence, the animating principle, the actuating cause of an individual life.

But what if you had to share yours with the one person you hated the most?


The soul mate principle states that for every one soul there is another that will recognize its match, hence creating the perfect union.


But what if you had two soul mates, which would you choose? 


What if your choices had eternal ramification?


**I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley in return for an honest review**


Deceived, the debut novel in the Soul Keeper Series, is a modern day love story about the implications of having more than one soul mate, and having to choose between the two of them. The decisions of the gods has left the next generation, their heirs, torn between fate and reality, and the balance of the future hangs in anticipation of what's to come.


Alright so this one was another Greek mythology based book! I absolutely love Greek mythology. I think it's really interesting and I usually gravitate towards these types of books...however...this one just did not entertain me at all.


The dialogue and the writing in general was just forced. I cannot fathom how anyone would think that this is how people act or think. Just the characters inner thoughts pissed me off! And everyone was just so damn doubting! I mean I totally get thinking something isn't real because of how impossible it seems, but the characters saw things with their own eyes. There was no possible way the things that happened would cause me to continue to doubt everything. *shakes head*


Samantha was probably the most annoying main character I have read about...ever. And I have read about quite a few annoying characters. 


Nothing about this book was appealing to me. I just couldn't do it. Every time I picked I opened the app on my phone I wanted to scream at the characters for being so stupid. 


But obviously there are people who did enjoy this book because the average rating was 4 stars so don't let my opinion stop you from giving it a try, but don't say I didn't warn you :3



нαρρу яєα∂ιиg
тια

0 comments:

Post a Comment