Friday, February 13, 2015

Deviation by Heather Hildenbrand

Deviation by Heather Hildenbrand
Average Rating on Goodreads: 3.78 of 5 stars
My Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Page Count: about 200 (there was no page count on Goodreads >.<)

Synopsis:

Protect. Obey. Sacrifice.

These words are the mantra of my existence. I’m not sure if it’s TitusRogen inspiring my desire to go against what I am or my own DNA deviating. All I can think is how Titus will look when he meets his end. It trumps even my wish for freedom. In this moment, I want nothing more than to watch the life bleed from Titus’s body. And I want it at my own hands.

Titus. The Creator.

I stare at my palms. Strength aside, I wonder if I’m capable of taking a life. A human life; one with a soul. And I wonder if that isn’t easier than taking the life of an Imitation. At least humans have souls that live on. What do I have after this? Where will I go? Back into a syringe? Will Titus recycle me? Or will I be lost forever down a lab drain?

We don’t deserve that.

We don’t deserve him.

Deserving and receiving are so very different here. And I am beginning to understand, to beat someone in this world, I‘ll have to play in it.

**I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley for an honest review**

Deviation is the second book in the Clone Chronicals by Heather Hildenbrand. I thouroughly enjoyed the first book of this series, but unfortuantely, Deviaition was lacking compared to Imitation.

There wasn't enough action for me. The beginning started off slow and I found myself skimming the book without actually gaining any information from it. I felt that Ven wasn't as...exuberant? Is that the word I'm looking for? Or...confident? I don't know. Just something about her character seemed off and less heroine like than like she was in the first book.

I just felt that the book was lacking something the first one had. There wasn't that immediate grab I was hoping for like I had with Imitation and it disappointed me. I think that's the main reason I didn't focus fully on this one, because from the very beginning I knew I wouldn't like it. It could also be that I let other reviews on Goodreads influence what I thought the book was going to be like, but I think that I still would have this opinion of it regardless of that fact.

нαρρу яєα∂ιиg
тια

0 comments:

Post a Comment