Monday, February 23, 2015

Locked by Eva Morgan

Locked by Eva Morgan
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.53 of 5 stars
My Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Page Count: 219

Synopsis:
When eighteen-year-old Irene Adler meets her new neighbor, the gorgeous, brilliant, and arrogant Sherlock Holmes, she never expects him to be the one to make her feel like life is worth living again. Ever since her sister's death, she's been addicted to risk-taking as a way to deal with her depression, and Sherlock quickly becomes the biggest risk she's ever taken. 

Locked is the story of a broken girl and the genius who gives her life back to her. It's the story of a witty asshole who's never known love, and the girl who shows him what love means. It's the story of an unexpected connection, two people who save each other, and the importance of seeing the goodness underneath. 

*Based on the Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle. 

**Book 1 in the Locked series.

So I'm sitting at my grandma's, waiting for my friend to pick me up, when I get a text. It's another friend of mine and he asks me how bored I am. Unsure of why he's asking, I reply with: Slightly. It's then that he tells me that he has a book for me to read if I'm interested. Now, if you guys don't know already, I absolutely love the TV show Sherlock. It's amazing, perfection, flawless, and just straight up fantastic. When I read the synopsis and saw that this was a book about Sherlock Holmes, I was slightly skeptical. You'd have to be a genius to write Sherlock. But, I decided to give it a try. Let me just say that it has been a very long time since I've read a book in a few hours...

Sherlock was written to perfection. He was witty, clueless, a genius, and just so amazingly Sherlock Holmes that I couldn't believe it. Eva Morgan captured his character smashingly. Some of his deductions were a little far fetched, but it still worked. They weren't too over the top that it got in the way of the story. 

Irene Adler...Amazing, amazing, amazing main character. She wasn't annoying and she was able to do things on her own without always needing help, despite Sherlock always butting in and helping her regardless if she asked for it or not. She was very relatable too. She handled many of her problems how I would handle them. Plus she was pretty smart too. Not Sherlock smart by any means, but smart nonetheless. 

The mystery, the minuscule amount of romance, and the action at the end, had me sobbing for a good half hour after I finished it. Thankfully I had the friend that recommended it to me to rant to considering everyone else I knew was sleeping since it was 2am XD I absolutely cannot wait until the second book comes out...even though I have no idea when that will be Dx 

I highly recommend this book to everyone, even if you don't really like Sherlock Holmes. Regardless, it is a fantastic book on its own.


нαρρу яєα∂ιиg
тια

0 comments:

Post a Comment