Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #7

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's topic is Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike about Romances

Like:

1. Best Friends becoming more
I absolutely love when two best friends realise they love each other! It's so cute to see and it follows what everyone says about best friends being the best partner in life. There is a history there that isn't there with people who haven't been best friends. It's just cute :3

2. Sexual Tension
Sometimes the sexual tension between two characters gets to be too much but boy oh boy do I love it! You just want to two to kiss so badly you're yelling at the book! Like with Layla and Roth from White Hot Kiss! O.O That was some great sexual tension goin' on

3. Hate to Love
I really like it when two characters who absolutely hate each other are forced to work together, inevitably falling in love with each other. It shows that the line between love and hate is very thin.

4. Sarcastic Banter
Boy do I love witty and sarcastic banter between two people who know they like one another but don't want to admit it (*cough* Katie and Daemon from Lux series *cough*) It makes the relationship that much more interesting to watch develop.

5. Sexy Book Boyfriends
Book boyfriends make everything better, enough said XD

Dislikes:

1. Insta Love
I hate hate hate insta love >.< It never works that way in real life so I don't understand why so many authors write it into stories...it's just so unrealistic

2. Some Love Triangles
Okay, I admit that I do enjoy some love triangles, but most of them are so unnecessary! And they are completely predictable! I can usually tell which guy the MC will choose right from the beginning and it gets boring. Not to mention a lot of the MCs just become so dumb and annoying when they're trying to choose which guy they love more.

3. Where the romance over shadows everything else
I love me a good romance, don't get me wrong, but I don't like it to overshadow the rest of the plot! I like to be entertained by action and mystery and other things throughout the book as well as experiencing the development of a good love story. When the romance is all there is, it gets rather dull

4. When the girl is treated like she's breakable just because the guy loves her
Ugh I absolutely hate when guys act like the girl is fragile! It's like...I get that you love her but come on! She was perfectly fine helping herself before you came on, so she'll be just as okay with you supporting her decisions. Being protective is fine, but when the guy tries to stop the girl from doing anything, it grates on my nerves.

5. Mis-communication 
All couples have this problem at one time or another, but when all the couple does is run around each other in circles throughout the whole book it gets very tiring, very quickly. It usually makes me want to reach through the book and shake them

What are your romance dos and don'ts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment