Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #8

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's topic is Top Ten Book Related Problems I have

1. Shelf Space
I'm sure all us book lovers have this problem...There's just not enough room for all of my books! I have two bookshelves (however my mom stole one -.-) but I still can't seem to find enough room for all the books I've come to acquire. Most of them have come to live on my bed or in small crevices I find on my entertainment center

2. Fictional Character Love
I have a problem that I fall in love with characters way too easily. I just can't help it! Characters in books are so much easier to love than people in real life! Not that I don't love people, it's just so much easier to interact with books than have to figure out how to respond to actual people. My love for characters tends to get out of hand, though.

3. Critiquing Book to Movie Adaptations
So, this problem of mine definitely is the most annoying to my family. Whenever we go see a movie that I've read the book to (which is always) I tend to point out what did and didn't happen in the book. I'm told to shut up and enjoy the movie multiple times, but I can't help it! I like being able to spot the differences. It's like a game to me xD

4. My To Be Read Pile
Jeez, this thing is long. Waaay too long. There are so many books on it that I know I will never get to read every single one. Especially considering I add to it all the time. I've tried cutting it down, but I got lazy xD It just takes to damn long to remove every book I know I'll never read, so my TBR list will forever be longer than any list I've made before.

5. Time
Time...dear god there are just too little hours in the day. Finding the time to read while still keeping up with my busy schedule is a struggle. It pains me that I can't read 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I think I would be in heaven if that were possible.

6. Wanting to finish a book, but not finish it at the same time
This happens to me way too often. I'll start a book, a really really good book, but I won't want to finish it because I won't want to end. Or it'll be the opposite. I'll start a book and then I'll stop reading it because even though I want to know the ending, I just want the book to be already read, the information already in my brain. Either way, wanting to finish a book, but not at the same time is a very big problem of mine.

7. Interruptions
I absolutely HATE when people try to talk to me when I'm clearly focused on reading a book. It happens way to often >.< I use books as a do not disturb sign, I even have one on my door that says "Do Not Disturb, I'm Reading" ! But still, people think it's okay to talk to me when I'm in another world. It actually kind of baffles me

8. Keeping up with the books planned for the month
I have a problem with sticking to my planned TBR for a certain month. I always manage to totally disregard the books I know I have to read in exchange for books that I see everyone else talking about. I know it's not a good way to make sure I read all the books I need to, i.e ARCs, but I always have to know why so many people love a book

9. I get green with envy..
I think every blogger feels this way at one point or another. I see all these people receiving ARCs and buying new releases and I wish I was them. Then again, maybe it's a good thing that I don't get books xD I have too many to read already

10. Feeling the need to finish a series even if I didn't like the first book
Even though I may not exactly like the first novel of a series, I have to complete the series...especially if I loved even one character. Doing this always adds to my TBR, but I feel incomplete if I don't end up finishing it

What are your bookish problems?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I have no shelf space and book to movie adaptations aggravate me to death when there are a ton of changes. My TBR pile is ridiculous...it's a major problem. Great post!

    ReplyDelete