Wednesday, March 11, 2015

For the Love of Ash by Taylor Lavati

For the Love of Ash by Taylor Lavati
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.5 of 5 stars
My Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Page Count: Around 250

Synopsis:
Maggie Larken is a reformed party girl. After her parent’s death, she’s left to raise Asher, her nine-year-old brother.

Luke Wilson has done everything his parents have ever asked of him. A new teacher, Luke constantly questions where his life is headed.

When Luke and Maggie meet, neither is in the market for a relationship. But sometimes life has other plans. Both navigate new waters as they try to decide where their priorities should lie, while also seizing what they want.

In this heartbreakingly real tale of love, Maggie and Luke discover what being a family truly means. 


I didn't mean to put off this review...I totally meant to write it right when I finished the book but alas I did not. I received an eARC of this book from the author for an honest review.

When I first started this book I wasn't sure if I could actually finish it. There were quite a few things that bothered me while trying to read and it took me awhile to immerse myself in the book fully enough to finish. My problem was partly the writing. It felt slightly awkward and forced and there were way too many descriptions of something to make it seem realistic. I know a book is supposed to be descriptive, obviously, but there is a point some authors reach where it becomes too much. 

I also think I had a problem with the fact that it seemed like it had insta love. Maggie and Luke instantly became attracted to each other. There wasn't really much build up. You knew they would be together. It was a give in

There was a lot of drama that added to the story and, while some of it was unnecessary, it was entertaining to read. For the Love of Ash, despite its flaws, did have me hoping for the ending it got. I enjoyed this book which is why I gave it 3 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment