Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Wrap-Up, Hello 2016!

Happy New Year's everyone! Seeing as today is the last day of 2015, I figured I would talk about all the bookish and non bookish things that transpired this year. Let me just say, 2015 was a year of many firsts.

Bookish events:

Unfortunately I didn't blog much this year...I even missed my own blogoversary! But, I have a resolution to get myself back into blogging. I'm even contemplating signing up to help someone co-blog! I just have a feeling that it will help me get back into the blogging community and keep me on track for my challenges this year.

Challenge Progress completed this year:

My goal this year was to read 105 books by today, December 31st...However, I only managed to read 39 of those 105 :( which also means I didn't complete the 105 Reading Challenge that my friend Nori created. Here are the books I did manage to complete for the challenge:

0/1 Nonfiction

0/2 Classics

0/3 Read a trilogy

2/4 Rereads:
- Throne of Glass
- Crown of Midnight

2/5 ebooks:
- Scarlet
- Cress

6/6 ARCs:
- The Walls Around Us
- Cursed by Fire
- Deviation
- Deceived
- For the Love of Ash
- Changing Everything

2/7 New Adult:
- Wait for You
- Wicked

1/8 Paranormal:
- Opposition

0/9 Dystopians

5/10 Contemporary:
- Ugly Love
- Anna and the French Kiss
- The DUFF
- Paper Towns
- The Problem with Heartache

5/11 New to Me Authors:
- Winner's Curse
- Damsel Distressed
- The Collectors' Society
- Blood Red Road
- My True Love Gave to Me

5/12 Books Released Before 2015:
- Stone Cold Touch
- The End of Alice
- Locked
- Snow Like Ashes
- White Hot Kiss

6/13 2015 Releases:
- I'll Meet You There
- The Ruby Circle
- Frostfire
- Red Queen
- I Was Here
- Mosquitoland
- Second Position

0/14 Books on my TBR the Longest

For how busy I've been this year, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with how many books I did get the chance to read. This year was a bunch of ups and downs with many new learning curves, but I'm proud that I was able to at least keep a small part of my old self my reading.

Non-bookish:

Well....This year was one heck of a year. I turned 18, graduated high school, met the love of my life, participated in a theatre production and met so many wonderful people, had the summer of my life by going on many trips (one of which included meeting a long time Goodreads friend!), moved halfway across the world away from all those that I love, and started college...So much change in such a little time and I have to say that it was a little overwhelming. Despite the incurable homesickness and the nervousness in being in a new place all alone, it definitely has been a wonderful learning experience. I have learned to function on my own without relying on my family or friends to help me. Sure, I have made plenty of friends, but I don't think any of them could ever replace my original friends from back home. My new friends go in a completely different category, one that is special all on it's own. Everyone I have met since departing from San Francisco on August 31st has become so integral to how I function in college. I lean on them for support, but have found that I am often able to support myself, which is all new to me. Being confident in my abilities is not something that ever came easily to me, but after moving, I can honestly say that I am more confident in the things I do. I'm working towards a career that I have dreamed of for the past four and a half years, and I love it.

As of right now, though, I'm currently traversing Europe with my boyfriend. We have already been to London and Amsterdam, and we have arrived today in Paris! It's so amazing to see all of the wonderful sights of these beautiful cities. It has been a wonderful adventure so far and I can't wait to see what Paris has to offer us.

2016 resolutions

1. Post at least once a week
2. 365 Commenting Challenge
3. Finishing a series challenge
4. Read 85 books this year
5. Finish my second semester of college with a BANG
6. Enjoy myself more

I hope each and every one of you have a fantastic New Year's and may 2016 bring you everything you hope for!

All the Best,
Tia

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you're going to try the 365 commenting challenge! It sounds like 2015 was a crazy year for you- so I hope you have more time in 2016 to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I doubt I'll have more time this year, but maybe I'll be better at managing the time I do have :)
      I hope your 2016 goes well, Nori!

      Delete