Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Wrap-Up/ February TBR


January flew by so fast! I didn't keep up with blogging as much as I wanted to, but I'm going to blame that on the fact that I was on vacation haha (I'm putting together a post with many pictures of the trip I took ;) )

Non Bookish things:
As you know, I took a trip with my boyfriend around Europe. It was spectacular. Now though, I must return to reality. I'm back in college for my second semester. It's been pretty great so far! I have basically all 9am classes which suck, but I've been getting out of bed to make it to class so I count that as a win! I've also made a few new friends! I was under the impression that I would just end up sticking with the friends I made last semester because me and people don't work very well, but it's actually getting a little easier to talk to people!

Bookish things:

So this month I only managed to finish one book, Heir of Fire. I absolutely loved it and immediately started Queen of Shadows...even though I should probably be focusing on my school reading xD Which is going to be more intense this semester. But the cool thing is, is that for one of my modules I get to pick the books I chose to read from the different literary periods!

I also want to start doing discussion posts and I would love to hear what you guys would like to see. I always find it hard to discuss something that hasn't already been done so many times before, so I mostly want to go off of what all of you suggest!

In terms of my challenges:

For the Commenting 365 challenge being hosted by Nori over at ReadWriteLove28, I have commented on 5 blogs from Nori's master list (I know, not that many :( ) and a few blogs from those that I originally followed. I plan on kicking my progress up a notch this month! I really want to immerse myself as much as I can in blogging again. I'm hoping it'll help me relieve a bit of stress and push away the depression that was weighing on me last semester because of being so far away from home.

As for my Finish the Series challenge...I haven't made any progress in that yet. Seeing as Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series won't be finished this year, reading Queen of Shadows doesn't really help me towards by goal. But again, I plan on kicking this progress up a notch! I'm going to really buckle down and get as many series finished as I want because I don't want to start any new books until I erase those from my TBR list

February TBR:
Finish Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Finish Winter by Marissa Meyer
Mortal Gods by Kendare Blake
Ungodly by Kendare Blake

0 comments:

Post a Comment