Monday, September 5, 2016

August Wrap Up & September TBR

This month has been pretty crazy! I am so glad I was able to start blogging FOR REAL again this month. It has been pretty great participating in all the new features I have been and writing this post feels amazing. I know it's a few days late, but oh well. So without further ado...

On the Blog:

I participated in my first read a thon! The #ReadThemAllThon hosted by Aentee over at Read At Midnight was super fun! I got back into reading and blogging and was able to knock 5 books off my TBR. Now that's not a lot in the whole scheme of things, but I say it's a win! My pokemon got up to CP 522 and I completed 5 of 8 Gyms :)

Reviews Posted:

Parable of the Sower
My Lady Jane
Trial By Fire
The Wrath and the Dawn
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Other Posts:

It's Monday! Let's Discuss...Blogging! (My first discussion post)
This or That Tag
Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon Sign Up

In My Life:
Next Monday I am supposed to start my second year of college. I have my classes all picked out and I am really excited. I am sad to leave my boyfriend, friends, and family, but this year brings me one year closer to coming home for good and being able to start my career as a teacher. However, I have been having lots of trouble with my loan and I may not be able to continue school. It has caused so much stress and that's why I wasn't able to read more for the #ReadThemAllThon. I was busy dealing with the loan company thinking I finished school and deferment papers and my slow financial adviser.
Other than that craziness though, my summer has been pretty great. I went to San Diego for the first time in June and also took a day trip from there to LA so Ben and I could go to Universal Studios. During 4th of July, Ben and I went up to Eureka, CA and spent 2 days at a music festival. It was so fun! We worked the event so we got to get in for free :) Then at the beginning of August I went to my first baseball game with Ben and his family. It was definitely a summer of firsts for me again and it felt amazing to be surrounded by so much love.

September TBR:
- The Raven Boys
- Stalking Jack the Ripper
- Empire of Storms
- Ruins
- Kiss of Deception
- This Savage Song
- Firewalker
- Ice Like Fire
(Plus any ARCs I may get from Netgalley...so this is a very loose TBR)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you're having problems with your loan. Hopefully, they'll be all figured out! Good luck in college!!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not playing Pokemon Go? Download The Latest Version (Suitable for iOS and Android)

    ReplyDelete