Friday, September 9, 2016

Firewalker Review

Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.07 of 5 Stars
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Page Count: 352

Synopsis:

Worlds divide, magic slays, and love lies in the second book of Josephine Angelini’s The Worldwalker Trilogy.

"You think I’m a monster, but my choices, as ruthless as they seem, are justified."

Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to start a new life with Rowan by her side. True, she almost died in the Pyre that fueled their escape from New Salem, and must hide her magic for the safety of everyone she cares about, but compared to fighting the Woven, the monstrous creatures inhabiting the alternate Salem, life is looking pretty good.

Unfortunately, Lillian, ruthless ruler of the 13 Cities, is not willing to let Lily go that easily. If she can’t persuade Lily to return to her world, she will force her to come back by doing away with the ones she loves.

Picking up right where Trial By Fire left off, Firewalker is another sexy, fast-paced, heartbreaking thrill ride from internationally bestselling author Josephine Angelini!
***
This book...That ending...there are no words right now. The choice of words when I got to the end were definitely not for the ears of children. Even my cat looked at me like he was thinking "this chick is crazy". I cannot believe she chose to end it there!! Anyway...

The Bad
There was a lot of stagnate scenes where not a lot progressed. I understand that Lily needed time to heal and the others needed to be trained, but it was a little boring at times. I also thought that some things were just too easy. I thought this in the last book too, and I understand that it's magic, but sometimes I like more of a struggle.

Also Lily annoyed me a bit in this book. Her like/hate relationship with Lillian was getting on my nerves. She kept blaming Lillian for her own actions when she was the one who decided to do what she did.

The Good
That ending...I just can't believe it! I am so excited for the next one because of where this one ended. The cliffhanger sucks but gosh, that was one heck of an ending. You can definitely see that Lily has gotten even stronger than anyone expected, even Lillian. We see her growing into herself and her powers. She is a natural leader and her idea about the woven is a good one. She what the world needs in order to bring peace.

Una and Breakfast. They were two of my favorite characters in this one. Their relationship was so cute and even though they were completely different people, they worked together. Definitely love the new friendships that formed throughout this novel.

I loved learning about even more differences between the two worlds. It's so interesting to see just how different worlds can turn out based on all these different choices. I wonder if there are actually multiple worlds out there. Definitely an interesting concept that continues to intrigue me.

Overall
I really enjoyed this second installment and can't wait for the next one to come out this month! I highly recommend this series. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment