Monday, September 12, 2016

It's Monday! Let's Discuss...Under hyped Books

This week I thought we could discuss Under hyped books!

Two weeks ago we talked about overhyped books and how they can affect our impressions of them. But so can Under Hyped books. I have noticed that people tend to gravitate towards the overhyped books and let the others slide into the background. This doesn't guarantee that the under hyped books are bad, they just aren't as popular as others.

Personally when I find an under hyped book that I love, I treasure it and try to let others know just how great it is. But at the same time, I want to it remain one of those prized jewels so I also DON'T want to tell people about it because once it becomes overhyped, it won't be as prized. Do any of you have that dilemma?

I have also found that not all underhyped books have super beautiful covers like Overhyped books might because of funding when publishing the books. This can also cause people to be biased against them because even though people say they don't judge a book by its cover, they definitely do. It's the first thing we see and if it's not as appealing to the eye as some others, people may over look them. That's why I try to go off of title and description. Though I, too, fall victim of judging books by their covers.

What I am trying to say is, don't forget about the other books. There are always going to be hidden gems out there for you to find!

1 comment:

  1. Underhyped books, you say? I nominate The Vicious Deep and its sequels - gateway drugs for any and all future Zoraida Cordova fans. :)

    ReplyDelete