Monday, October 17, 2016

It's Monday! Let's Dicsuss...Series and Cover Editions

This week the topic I thought we would discuss is how important it is to own the entirety of a series or all of the same cover additions.

When I buy books, I generally like to own all the same editions of a book, be it hardcover, paperback, or simply having all the cover art match. It's just very aesthetically pleasing. When I look at my bookshelves, I want to see all the pretty matching covers.

I also like to own the entirety of a series. Even if I don't generally like the first book, I still like to own the series. I'll either giveaway the first book rather than buying the rest of the series, or I WILL buy the rest of the series, attempt to read it and see if it gets better. If it doesn't, I'll giveaway the series! I actually have lots of books sitting on my shelves that I need to giveaway right now.

But I have seen so many bookstagram photos with matching book covers and they look so amazing! Which is another reason I like to buy all of the same cover editions! Book photos are some of the prettiest and most amazing photos on instagram.

Some of my favorite covers are the Throne of Glass covers, Six of Crows, The Wrath and The Dawn, and The Heroes of Olympus. They have some of the best art I've seen :D There are definitely more covers out there that I think are absolutely gorgeous, but those were just to name a few :)

Do you like to own all the same editions? What are some of your favorite covers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment